Crossroads Community Church
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Crossroads Community Life Center is a faith based community service organization committed to seeking the welfare of the City of Saint Clair and surrounding areas.
Crossroads Community Life Center began when some concerned members of Crossroads Community Church were moved to help the city of Saint Clair navigate the challenges of life. The rise in unemployment, the growing sense of despair, the dangers in drug use and the suicide rate prompted them to create this place where people could have the opportunity to process life with hope.
What we are not:
· A part of the city recreation department
· A youth center
· A restaurant
· A church
· A food pantry
· A re-sale shop
1. We value hope. There are times when life seems overwhelming. Having access to some comforting and encouraging voices can help get us through life’s more difficult moments.
2. We value life. We want to help you live, not just exist. Making choices that help us rebuild from life’s defeats, renew old commitments to wholeness, and restore broken relationships are all things we would like in life. We will share some tools that will help you actually experience these truths in your life.
3. We value care. Perhaps someone has asked you recently, “Do you need anything?” Our normal response is to say we are fine. But, really, do you need anything? If we can’t help meet your need, then perhaps we know someone who can.
4. We value growth. We cannot stay the same and ever hope to overcome the things in our lives that are harming us or holding us back in some way. Adding to your life’s toolbox will be one of the ways we can help you develop.
1. Be a place that serves as a clearinghouse for those in need of various community services. There are several agencies that exist to help people with financial, emotional, and spiritual needs. Sometimes we don’t even know where to begin looking for help. Crossroads Community Life Center can help you get started.
2. Be a place to come for counseling. Our center will have access to licensed professional, certified biblical counselors, and trained life coaches, as well as a helpful referral list.
3. Be a place where our young people can gather to connect with each other face to face as well as on social networking sites like Facebook. Regular meetings and events designed for youth are a vital part of our presence in the community.
4. Be a place that coordinates community-wide assistance events like food trucks, household maintenance assistance teams, and other groups seeking the well-being of our community.
5. Be a place where people who no longer consider the church as essential to their lives can be encouraged to process life from God’s perspective.
1. Community Education
a. Literacy training
b. Parenting classes
c. Suicide prevention training
d. Leadership development
e. Counseling (Professional, Biblical, Financial & Life Coaching)
2. Spiritual growth
a. worldview training
b. Choosing the right church for you
c. spiritual growth planning
3. Community services
a. Providing periodic food trucks
b. Directing to local food pantries
c. assistance with utilities
d. Connecting with community health services
e. Cooperating with other social support groups
Riverview Plaza - near the gazebo
201 N. Riverside Ave.
St. Clair, MI 48079
(810) 326-1480 or
-find us on Facebook